The Turner Valley Discovery Days Market – Make It. Bake It. Grow It.
As part of the annual Turner Valley Discovery Days, a market will be held in conjunction with a variety of family-friendly events in centrally-located Millennium Park on June 4 from 11:00am-3:00pm. This market is intended to promote unique, locally-produced handy-crafts. Community-based non-profit organizations are also invited to attend as exhibitors to promote their events, local initiatives and fundraising activities.
Turner Valley Discovery Days will include live entertainment, children’s activities and fresh food. Combined with the market, this event is fun for the whole family and regularly draws visitors from Black Diamond, High River, Okotoks and Calgary.
Vendors interested in participating in the market should complete the attached application form and return it, with payment, to the Town of Turner Valley municipal office by Friday, May 27. Vendors wishing to participate are required to have grown, produced, handcrafted or baked their own products.
Applicants will receive email confirmation of their inclusion in the market and their respective booth number. Please check in by 10:00am on June 4 with the market manager prior to setting up your booth.
Turner Valley Discovery Day wants you! Volunteer as part of this free, one day event held annually in the town’s centrally-located Millennium Park.
This year’s Turner Valley Family Festival – Discovery Day will be held on June 4 from 11:00am – 3:00pm. This event is hosted each year following the Black Diamond Parade and draws around 1500 visitors from Black Diamond, High River, Okotoks and Calgary.
This event offers fun for the whole family and features live entertainment, children’s activities, a market and food vendors and is complemented by activities at the Sheep River Library and local business.
You can help support this event by volunteering for part of the day.
We are looking for volunteers to help:
- Monitor bounce houses and ensure the number of children does not exceed the recommended limit for their safety;
- Supervise children at the lost kids area until they reunited with their parents;
- Monitor the water bar and assist event attendees in filling their reusable bottles;
- Monitor the waste receptacles and assist event attendees in learning to deposit recycling, compost and landfill waste in the right bins;
- Welcome event attendees and distribute event schedules at the entrance and at various stations around Millennium Park;
- Assist in directing pedestrian traffic;
- General circulation to support other volunteers, staff and attendees.
- A 2.5 hour shift from either 10:30am-1:00pm or 1:00pm-3:30pm on June 4 in Millennium Park
- Attendance at an orientation prior to the event date (date and location to be determined).
- Strong customer service skills;
- Strong communication and skills;
- Ability to stand/walk for an extended period of time;
- Be of the minimum age 14 (parental consent will be required for volunteers aged 14 to 17).