Gay Straight Alliance
Oilfields is super proud of the fact that it is a safe and caring inclusive learning environment for LGBTQ+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning etc.) students.
We have had a Gay Straight Alliance at Oilfields for three years. This is a school based club that invites all students who are concerned about Human Rights and Inclusive programming to come together for supportive conversations and resources.
Allies are also encouraged to attend this group. An Ally is someone who aligns with and accepts human beings regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
This group is supported by our administration and is facilitated by Ms. Morck our school Guidance Counsellor. Should you or your family have any questions about our GSA or would like to join, please speak to Ms. Morck. firstname.lastname@example.org
GSA Meeting Schedule
- Tuesday, November 3rd: Room 109 during block 4. Forms for the GSA conference are due.
- Thursday, November 19th: Room 103 during block 3.
- Saturday, November 21st: GSA Conference from 8AM to 4PM at the University of Calgary.
- Tuesday, November 24th: Room 109 during block 4.
- Wednesday, December 2nd: For High School students ONLY during block 4.